It seems more people are actually reading this page – so I’m a gonna try to make it a wee bit more interesting and, well, coherent.
- A mildly adventurous eater with a very low spicy/heat tolerance and a passion for cooking (also deathly allergic to sunflower seeds and all derivatives).
- A mother to a very picky toddler.
- A wife to a wonderful man who will eat pretty much anything.
- A newly minted canning enthusiast (where did this bandwagon come from and why am I on it?).
- A life long photographer struggling with the post-35mm world (I think in rectangles, why oh why are all of the aggregators wanting squares?).
- A big ole cheapskate.
I write pretty much the way I talk – which will most likely not win me any awards any time soon but oh well. While I avoid straying into the land of vulgar, I don’t exactly fall into the prim and proper category either.
Hopefully you will find something useful in what I write. My methods frequently substitute time for money, allowing me to feed friends and family with the highest quality foods I can manage without breaking the bank. Convenience is expensive to buy – so I make my own.